Revision of Special Pay granted to Trolleyman working in Engineering and S&T Departments – reg.
N F I R
National Federation of Indian Railwaymen
3,CHELMSFORD ROAD, NEW DELHI – 11O055
Affillated to :
lndian National Trade Union Congress (INTUC)
International Transport Workers’ Federation (ITF)
NO. IV/NFIR/VIth CPC/Main/10/Pt. IX
The Secretary (E),
Sub: Revision of Special Pay granted to Trolleyman working in Engineering and S&T Departments – reg.
Ref: (i) NFIR’s PNM Item No. 34/2012.
(ii) Railway Board’s letter No. E (P&A) I-2012/FE-4/5 dated 10/07/2013.
While going through the observations/recommendations of the Committee pursuant to the instructions of DoP&T (based on Vth CPC), the Federation notes that absolutely harsh criteria has been proposed by the committee of Executive Directors, Railway Board in listing out categories for grant of Risk Allowance.
2. In this connection, NFIR wishes to bring to the notice of the Railway Board that the nominated Committee was required to bifurcate the categories of staff into two types of risks involved in the course of performing duties as defined by the Vth CPC. These are:
- Continuous risks: Where the employee is prone to risk fully or partially in the course of performing Railway duties and
- Contingent risks: In this category of risk the Railway employees have to face risk like one – time event and also when the event is uncertain.
3. Federation further desires to highlight that the Committee has incorrectly denotified following categories of staff who face continuous risk in the course of performing railway duties by virtue of their job contents:-
- Gate Keepers
- Track Maintainers
- Staff handling 440 Volts & above equipments,
- Shunting Master
- Shunting Jamadar
- Shunting Porter
- Trolley man
- TRD Lineman
The contention of NFIR could be established by the fact that every year in the Train accidents, derailments etc some of the staff of above categories get injured and more than often killed due to their nature ofjob involving continuous risk.
List of denotified categories of staff, therefore needs to revised to include at least above categories for payment of Risk Allowance.
NFIR, therefore, requests the Railway Board to review the decision and issue suitable instructions on the above lines to settle the demand raised in the PNM meeting. Copy of the instructions issued may be endorsed to the Federation.
Copy to the General Secretaries of affiliated unions of NFIR.
Copy to the Media Centre/NFIR.
File No. 34/2012 (pNM).
File No. I/5 (9).
Copy to VII CPC file.