Basic information related to the child seeking admission must be filled in this step.
- Child’s first name: The data filled during signup will be displayed here. This field cannot be modified.
- Child’s middle name : The data filled during signup will be displayed here. This field cannot be modified.
- Child’s last name: The data filled during signup will be displayed here. This field cannot be modified.
- Date of birth of child: The data filled during signup will be displayed here. (This field cannot be modified.)
- Gender: Please select appropriate option Male/Female/Third Gender.
- Whether applying under Single Girl Child category: If Gender of the child is selected as Female only then this field is enabled. The “Yes” option must be chosen only if this category is to be considered for admission of the child. If “Yes” is chosen, then an affidavit must be uploaded, and the child will be considered for admission according to KVS rules for Single Girl Child applications.
Specifically, admission under single girl child category in class I is subject to a maximum of two per section in class I. It includes twin girl children also.
- In case of twin girls, it will be treated as one admission .
- While drawing the lot (if necessary), name of both girls (twins) should be written on a single slip.
- In case of single girl child (including twin girl children), if number of applications are more than the number of allotted seats i.e. maximum of 02 per section in class I, the admission should be granted on the basis of priority category . If in one category more applications are made, all such applications should be taken together, and the list of selected candidates should be prepared through draw of lots.
- Family income group: Please select appropriate option from
- Do not belong to low income group
- Economically Weaker Section (EWS)
- Below Poverty Line (BPL)
- Differently abled category: The option given during registration of first-time user will be displayed here. This field cannot be modified in the admission application form.
A scan/picture of proof of disability can be uploaded (if applicable) when filling in the admission application form. Such a proof includes:
A certificate from the civil surgeon / rehabilitation centre or any other competent authority defined by the Government of India O.M. No. 36035/5/88/Estt.(sct) dated 4.5.1999 certifying the child to be handicapped, wherever applicable.
In case, where the handicap of the child can be visually seen by the Principal, the child may be accepted as handicapped even without a certificate. However, the parent may be advised to obtain the relevant certificate from the competent authority and submit the same to the Vidyalaya at a later time.
- Caste Category: Select appropriate field. If OBC(NCL)/SC/ST is selected, the admission for the child will be considered under RTE. For above mentioned caste categories, a scan/picture of caste certificate needs to be uploaded in the “Upload Documents” section.
- Whether seeking admission under RTE category: If Differently-abled category or SC/ST/OBC(NCL) category or EWS/BPL category is chosen for the child’s application, the child will be automatically considered for admission under RTE.
For purposes of shortlisting in the RTE category, the following distance criteria will be applicable: Since Kendriya Vidyalayas are located at places with varied density of population, they have been categorised as follows for determining the limits of neighbourhood:-
- Major cities and Urban area (All District Hqrs. & Metros) – 5 kms. radius
- Places and areas other than included in 1 above.- 8 kms radius
- Proof of residence will have to be produced by all applicants. A scan/picture of it must be uploaded in the “Upload Documents” section of the online application form.
- A scan/picture of self-declaration in writing from the parent about distance may also be accepted to this effect.
11. Aadhar Number: Fill 12 digit Aadhar number of the child, if available.
- Blood Group: Select the blood group of the child, if available.