Special benefit in cases of death and disability in service – Revision of Disability Pension/Family pension of Pre-2006 disability pensioners/ Family Pensioners – regarding.
Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
Department of Pension & Pensioners’ Welfare
3rd Floor, Lok Nayak Bhavan,
Khan Market, New Delhi-11 0003.
Dated the, 8th August 2016.
Subject: Special benefit in cases of death and disability in service – Revision of Disability Pension/Family pension of Pre-2006 disability pensioners/Family Pensioners – regarding.
The undersigned is directed to say that the pension of pensioners/family pensioners who were drawing pension/family pension as on 1.1.2006 under the CCS(EOP) Rules were revised in accordance with Department of Pension & Pensioners’ Welfare OM No.38/37/2008-P&P&W(A) dated 1.9.2008. Instructions were issued vide this Department OM of even number dated 30th September, 2010 for extension of benefits of modified parity to past pensioners for revision of disability pension/family pension covered under CCS(EOP) Rules.
2. Subsequently, orders were issued vide this Department’s OM NO.38/37/2008-P&PW(A) dated 28. 01. 2013 and 30.7.2015 for further stepping up of normal pension/family pension to 50%/30% of the sum of minimum pay in the pay band and grade pay corresponding to the pre-revised pay scales from which the pensioner had retired, as arrived at with reference to the fitment table annexed to the Ministry of Finance, Department of Expenditure OM NO.1/1/2008-IC dated 30th August 2008 with effect from 01.01.2006. These benefits were also extended to pre-2006 disability pensioner/family pensioner covered under the Central Civil Services (Extraordinary Pension) Rules vide this Department’s OM of even number dated 20.11.2014 and http://ccis.nic.in/WriteReadData/CircularPortal/D3/D03ppw/PPWF_080816.pdf April 2016 respectively. As per para 111(a),IV(a) and para V(a) of this Department’s OM of even number dated zo” November 2014, the service element of disability pension of pre-2000 disability pensioners was linked to qualifying service for earning full pension.
3. In the case of pre-2006 pensioners receiving pension under CCS(Pension)Rules, 1972, orders have been issued vide this Department’s OM NO. 38/37/2008-P&PW(A) dated 6.4.2016 that the revised consolidated pension of pre-2006 pensioners shall not be lower than 50% of the minimum of the pay in the Pay Band and the grade pay (wherever applicable) corresponding to the pre-revised pay scale as per the fitment table without pro-rata reduction of pension even if they had qualifying service of less than 33 years at the time of retirement.
4. This provision would be equally applicable for computing service element of revised disability pension being drawn by the pre-2006 disability pensioners. Accordingly, the provision linking the service element of disability pension under para III(a),IV(a) and V(a) of this Department’s OM of even number dated 20th November 2014 stands deleted. The arrears of revised disability pension would be payable with effect from 1.1.2006.
5. All Ministries/Departments are requested to bring the contents of these orders to the notice of Controller of Accounts/Pay and Accounts Officers and Attached and Subordinate Offices under them for revising the pension of all those pre-2006 disability pensioners who had rendered less than 33 years of qualifying service at the time of retirement/boarding out in the manner as indicated above on top priority. Revised Pension Payment Orders (PPOs) in all these cases may also be issued immediately.
6. All other terms and conditions in the O.M. No.45/22/97-P&PW(F) dated 3.2. 2000 and O.M. No.45/3/2008-P&PW (F) dated 30.09.2010, 20.11.2014 and 29.4.2016 shall remain unchanged.
7. This issues with the concurrence of the Ministry of Finance, Department of Expenditure, vide their 1.0. Note No.1(5)/EV/2012, dated 05.07.2016.
8. Hindi version will follow.